What can parents do to help South Bronx Classical succeed?
South Bronx Classical has 5 Non-Negotiables that we expect scholars and parents to adhere to. They are:
1. Scholars are in school on time every day and ready to learn
2. Scholars are in a complete and clean uniform every day
3. Parents provide a quiet area for their scholars to complete homework
4. Parents ensure that their scholars get a good night's sleep
5. Parents support the school they chose!
Parents should ensure that their own children are as successful as possible through their support of the school. Here are some tips:
- Read Together
- Limit TV and Videogame usage
- Develop a Homework routine and Quiet Time
- Express High Academic Expectations of your child
- Maintain contact with your child's teacher
- Support the school that you have chosen
Most importantly, parents should ensure that their child arrives every day, on time, with a clean and complete uniform, well-slept, and with all homework completed.