South Bronx Classical Educational Design
South Bronx Classical shares design principles derived from the analysis and experience of the top urban charter schools in the nation. These characteristics of success include:
- An undying belief that maximizing student achievement is a school's first job.
- A detail-oriented culture maximizes student achievement.
- Data-driven decision-making to evaluate and increase student achievement.
- A firm foundation of core knowledge and basic skills (reading, writing, and math) is essential.
- Consistently applied strict behavioral standards (through a clear Code of Conduct) that create a safe environment for teachers to teach and students to learn.
Our Call for Teachers
We are seeking motivated, talented, and experienced educators at this public elementary charter school in New York City. Teachers begin in August with 2 weeks of first-class professional development. State certification is required, as are commitment, energy, organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and full devotion to the South Bronx Classical mission and vision. Teachers at South Bronx Classical are treated as professionals in other fields (medicine, law, business, etc.) are treated, and are also held to an equally high level of expectations.
Exemplary teachers have demonstrated a history of elevating student achievement in an urban setting for at least one year. We are looking for serious, thoughtful educators who will demand excellence from every single student, every single day.
- K-5 Classroom Teachers
- Instructional Coach
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Special Education Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Operations Assistant
- PT Curriculum Consultant
- Curriculum Planner